July 2-All I Need

Happy Monday. Did you have a good weekend? I have been struggling the last month or so as I’m getting ready to move into this new house; What exactly do I want to buy for it?, How much should I spend on a bed?, How much should the fence cost? Of course the list goes on and on. Then, I end up with this general feeling of unrest, uncertainty and maybe even general dissatisfaction which is certainly not the place we want to be but I think when we get caught up in that cycle of wanting, that’s where we head. 


When my kids were small, they were always after us for something. There was a new toy or shirt or shoes or game that they were just going to die without! Then, if they somehow managed to save their allowance or talk Grandma into it, an hour later, there was something else. How many friends do you have like that who are never quite satisfied? There’s always a newer car, or phone or something they want. And when that happens, are they any different than the kids? Are they happier? Never. Often times, they are even more discontent. 


Re-read Psalms 23. Especially verse 1 in various translations. 


“The Lord is my shepherd. I will always have everything I need.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭23:1‬ ‭ERV‬‬


“...I lack nothing.” Psalm‬ ‭23:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬


“...I have all that I need.” Psalms‬ ‭23:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

 

I will ALWAYS have what I need. Depending on the translation, you might read “I shall not want” or “I lack nothing” but all are very clear. The psalmist is telling us he is satisfied, contented, quenched and happy in his life. Things are good because the Lord is his God and he is singing praise for all the things that the Lord has blessed him with. 


“GOD, my shepherd! I don’t need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction.”

‭‭Psalm‬ ‭23:1-3‬ ‭MSG‬‬


He has been given water to drink, food to eat, a good place to sleep and protection from his enemies. He has it all and he couldn’t want anything else. If we are Christians, we have Jesus. He’s not a Santa to bring us everything we think we want, but He has promised to supply all our needs. What else should we really want? When we say “He is all to me” can we mean that and be the most satisfied of people? Let’s pray we are. 


Dear Jesus thank you for this day and for suppling all our needs for it. You bless us over and abundantly of our needs and often we fail to give you the thanksgiving you deserve for it. Thank you Lord for all your blessings and mostly for your wonderful gift of salvation. You have been so good to us and we pray today that we would allow your overwhelming love to flow right through us. You are the Messiah, the King. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020