July 16-the Light

Good Monday morning to you! I trust you had a great weekend and are ready to hit the ground running for this week. I’ve got another busy one in front of me that include lots of hand therapy! Mercy, right? And if I have another early morning like yesterday, I’m going to need toe therapy soon! 


I had to get up before daylight to go to the bathroom and normally, I leave the light on in the bathroom. But yesterday morning, I’d obviously forgotten so it was super dark as I made my way through the hall. And of course, I mis-judged where the door frame was and I hit the jam with my toe! Ouch (to say the least!). 


Light. How important is it? It’s one of those things we don’t miss until we don’t have enough and then, when we can’t see what’s in front of us, we can panic. Without fail, we will hit something. Light reveals the truth of our circumstances. Likewise, when we are walking with Jesus, the light of the world, He reveals the truth of our circumstances and the obstacles in front of us. He illuminates things that could cause us great harm or great pain. He is our God, our Redeemer, our Jehovah Jireh. 


“Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law...Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path...The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.”

‭‭Psalm‬ ‭119:18, 105, 130‬ ‭NIV‬‬


Now fast forward some 400 years to Jesus standing in front of that candle where he gets up in front of the crowd, and blocks the “holy candle” and proclaims to all of the Jews, that he is God and He is all the light they need. 


“When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.””

‭‭John‬ ‭8:12‬ ‭NIV‬‬


No wonder they were ready to have him crucified. They were so wrapped up in their traditions (like we tend to be) they missed the truth and he challenged everything they held dear. Sometimes light is so bright, it’s hard to see.  


Dear Jesus, light of the world, thank you for showing us the way and for being the lamp to our feet. Bless us and keep us this day and help us to reflect your love and your grace to all we touch. You are a great God and we love and adore you. We praise you for your crazy love and for you great grace and mercy you bestow so freely. We pray for friends who are in pain today. Please comfort them and wrap them in your arms as only you can. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear friend,

Pam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020