July 14-New Every Morning

Happy Weekend. I hope your week was less eventful than mine. I spent most of it on pain medication. Who knew one little finger could hurt so much? Yesterday I started working with that hand therapist and that was a whole new kind of torture I’d never given much thought to. She even gave me this contraption to put on it 4 times a day to “extend” it. I’m sure the KGB invented it. All that to say, I’m finally working again. 


“Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.”

‭‭Lamentations‬ ‭3:22-26‬ ‭NIV


Aren’t you thankful that His mercies are new every morning? Don’t you just want to shout sometimes that we have a God who gives us a brand new bucket full of mercy everyday? And some of us (on certain days) really need that extra mercy. I haven’t been exactly gracious in my thoughts and actions this past week in dealing with my discomfort. I’ve needed all the mercy that was given to me every day. Every drop. For just one finger! How ridiculous, right? I feel so much like Peter when he proclaimed he would stand by Jesus no matter what, and then the very minute it got tough, he was a coward. The very minute I hurt, I’m a coward too and I crawl inside myself and pray for mercy and a pain-free life. 


I don’t want to hurt and I don’t want trouble in my life. But guess what? I live in this sinful, broken world and I’m going to hurt and I’m going to have trouble. It’s not fun and it’s not good but His mercies are new every morning and I’m not going to run out of them. His mercy and His grace are sufficient for me. 


Dear Lord thank you for your mercy and for your grace. Thank you for seeing us through the tough times as well as through the good times. We love you and praise you, we adore you and worship you this day. We ask for your forgiveness where we fail you and where we fail others. Bless us Father. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020