July 10

Happy Tuesday! Well, today is my day. I’m off to the surgery center to have the crooked, swollen finger fixed. I dread not being able to use my right hand and the anesthesia and all the unknowns, but, I’m ready to have it fixed. I’m also getting a new windshield tomorrow (a lot less painful). 


I like to fix things—it’s my nature. I’m sort of a “Martha” in that respect I suppose, but I want to get things done. And sometimes in my haste to fix the problem, I overlook the lesson, the serendipity of it all because I’m concentrating on the solution. 


“As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.” But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.””

‭‭Luke‬ ‭10:38-42‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Martha was a doer, a fixer, a solution-finder and those are all good things, but Mary was only concerned with the Savior. She wanted to hear what He would say, and the lessons he would teach. She knew THAT would change her life. Fixing a meal for hungry people is important, but it isn’t a long term change, it’s just a patch. But the Bread of Life is long term change. It’s life-altering and mind-renewing...long term, important, not urgent effects. 


What would happen if we concentrated more everyday on things that had long-term effects? Things that are life-changing because they brought us closer to the Savior? To a place where we could feel his presence in our everyday life? He is waiting for us to decide, to let go of the ordinary and move into the area of extra ordinary. 


Dear Jesus help us to remember to take the time to sit at your feet and to understand that although the things of this life must be attended to, they are not as important as our time with you. Recharge us and give us the strength we need for this day. We praise you and glorify your name because you alone are worthy. You are our God and we are your people. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam


PS. Depends no on how it goes today, I may not be able to type for a few days. So if you don’t hear from me, you’ll know the reason! 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020