June 4-A Firm Foundation

Good Monday to you! Did you have a productive weekend? Or at least a nice restful one? My kids helped me get 98 percent moved out of my house and after a couple of truck/car loads and a good cleaning, I will say good-by to my house. 


I am officially inviting anyone in the area to my new home dedication this Wednesday at 4:30 at 1684 W 12th St, Webb City, MO. Bring a sharpie marker and your favorite scripture or prayer of blessing for the frame. We are going to bath this house in God’s word and prayer. Thanks in advance if you get to come. If you can’t be there, would you set your alarm to pray with us at 4:45 on Wednesday? Thank you so very much if you can. 


In the same sermon where Jesus gives us the Beatitudes and tells us to love our enemies, He gives instructions on building our lives as we would build a house. 


As I’ve watched the construction of my house, the lot was first made level, then trenches dug, then the footings poured with re-bar support, then gravel, then the internal workings, THEN the foundation. It was a complicated and sure process to get that foundation laid and every step was checked. Why? Because the integrity of my house depends on how well that foundation is built. 


“Why are you so polite with me, always saying ‘Yes, sir,’ and ‘That’s right, sir,’ but never doing a thing I tell you? These words I speak to you are not mere additions to your life, homeowner improvements to your standard of living. They are foundation words, words to build a life on...If you work the words into your life, you are like a smart carpenter who dug deep and laid the foundation of his house on bedrock. When the river burst its banks and crashed against the house, nothing could shake it; it was built to last. But if you just use my words in Bible studies and don’t work them into your life, you are like a dumb carpenter who built a house but skipped the foundation. When the swollen river came crashing in, it collapsed like a house of cards. It was a total loss.” Luke‬ ‭6:46-49‬ ‭MSG‬‬


We can say the right words, pray before our meals, go to church, etc. but if we don’t “work the words into our lives” we are not building a foundation that will withstand the storms of life. And if there is one thing I have learned in my life, the storms are coming. They could be anything from small rainstorms, to strong winds to floods to massive tornados, but you can bet, they are coming. And if your life isn’t built firm with the Word, you don’t survive it. 


Dear Jesus thank you for your Word and for your instruction for how we should build our lives. We know this world is not our home and at times, it is a rough place to be. We ask you to surround us as we fight our battles. We love you and adore you because you are our only wise King and your love endures forever. You alone are worthy of our worship and praise and we sing hallelujah to you this day. Amen and amen


Love you dear one,

Pam

PS Don’t forget Wednesday at 4:30



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020