June 18-Father to the Fatherless

Good Monday Morning. I hope you had a good weekend. Since it was Father’s Day, it was either a really good day or it may have been hard for you— it’s one of those holidays that is difficult for for lots of peouple. I can’t help but think about first all those who have lost their dads, then those who never really had a dad, and then...those who had a dad, but he wasn’t much to celebrate. But you know, even though I’ve been in that first category for 32 years and now my kids are in it, I really try to remember and even celebrate the fact that our God is Father to the Fatherless. 


“Sing to God, sing praises to his name; lift up a song to him who rides through the deserts; his name is the Lord; exult before him! Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭68:4-5‬ ‭ESV‬‬


Over the years I’ve had lots of people that were “like a mother” to me. They took me under their wing and loved me “like their own” when I was a child and when I was a young pastor’s wife. Yet, as far as I know, I’m not in any of their wills. I wasn’t made an heir to any of their estates. You see, I wasn’t really “adopted” into their families. On Christmas morning, I wasn’t any of at their houses. 


But with God, I have been adopted. I’m a full heir to the Kingdom because I’ve been bought and paid for by the blood of the very Son of God. I’ve been officially declared adopted and made one of His own children and I’m even instructed to call him “Abba, Father” or “Daddy.” That’s a full-fledged, honest-to-goodness child of the King. Wow, right? 


“God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children. And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.” Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child. And since you are his child, God has made you his heir.”

‭‭Galatians‬ ‭4:5-7‬ ‭NLT‬‬


So for all of us whom Father’s Day can be a little bittersweet, let’s celebrate that everyday is truly our Father’s day! He is the Almighty, King of Glory and we can call Him Daddy. 


Father God we praise you and give you this day and all days. We thank you and honor you for loving us and for being our Father. You take us into your protection and into your care as no earthly father can ever do because you alone are the Great I Am and the Everlasting. We worship you with all that we are for you are holy, merciful and mighty. You are the blessed Trinity, the Great Three in One and we magnify you. Amen and amen 


Love you dear friend,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020