May 5-Be Strong!

Happy weekend! I hope this finds you well and “ready to go” this weekend. Two days ago, I read a page that my grandson wrote in a book called “The best part of me...” His was an explanation of why his strong arms were his greatest asset. He said his arms were sting and powerful. I took a picture of it and the more I look at that and read it, I think of these few verses. 

Paul is telling Timothy that some are just in it for the money, but he needs to stay strong and “Fight the good fight!”

“But you, Timothy, man of God: Run for your life from all this. Pursue a righteous life—a life of wonder, faith, love, steadiness, courtesy. Run hard and fast in the faith. Seize the eternal life, the life you were called to, the life you so fervently embraced in the presence of so many witnesses...I’m charging you before the life-giving God and before Christ, who took his stand before Pontius Pilate and didn’t give an inch: Keep this command to the letter, and don’t slack off. Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on his way. He’ll show up right on time, his arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler, High King, High God. He’s the only one death can’t touch...Honor to him, and eternal rule! Oh, yes.”

‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭6:11-16‬ ‭MSG‬‬

I think perhaps the best “extra” thing I get out of this passage is when Paul says “...take hold of this eternal life you have...” It puts me in the frame of mind where I’m not thinking “for this life” but realizing that eternity doesn’t start when we die, but it’s already begun. When we think in those terms, it starts to put a whole new light on tomorrow, doesn’t it? 

And as Paul usually does somewhere in a poignant passage, he doesn’t forget to remind us that Jesus is on his way and will show up RIGHT ON TIME. Now that’s something I can get all excited about and rejoice over. He’s never late (like some of us) but He’s not going to be early (like some of us) but, he’s coming at the exact and perfect moment. Its not that I am excited about it because I’m afraid of death, man-o-man, I just want to see that! 

Dear Jesus thank you for always being our on-time God. You are our Messiah, the Alpha and Omega and we worship and praise you and sing hallelujah to you this day. We thank you for life eternal and the promise of sharing it with you. You are good and you are great and we bring to you that all we are. Amen and amen. 

Love you dear one,

Pam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020