May 29-Believe

Happy Tuesday and I hope you enjoyed the weekend and found time to pay respects to our servicemen and to your friends and relatives who have passed. 


Yesterday was my 41st anniversary. As I sat at that grave yesterday, talking about things that had been happening and crying because it wasn’t fair, I thought about a sermon I’d heard recently. “It’s all about your perspective.”  


If you have a telescope and you believe that you should look through the big end, you will conclude that the telescope is to make large things small. On the other hand, if you believe the telescope should be viewed from the small end, you will decide it is to make small things large. What you believe about something can certainly change what you see. 


I believe in a God who conquered death and was resurrected. I believe that He promises eternal life to his followers. I believe that there is a heaven where the saints of God abide. And if I truly believe what I say I believe, my perspective should be different. Its about “seeing what we believe.”  


“For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing...For we live by believing and not by seeing. Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord.”

‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:1-2, 7-8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

‭‭

I decided as I sat there, I need Jesus to help me with my unbelief and fully put my trust and hope in the only one who is worthy. And if I continue to pray that prayer, I believe I will begin to see what I believe. Jesus can change our minds and our hearts if we submit to ourselves to the risen King.  


Dear Jesus, thank you for eternal life and the promise of heaven. We love and adore you and we give you our worship this day. You are the Holy One of Heaven and our risen Lord. We ask you for help to see with the eyes of our belief and not the other way around—we believe but like Peter we pray “help my unbelief.” Thank you for hearing us and for loving us. To you our only great King we sing hallelujah. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear friend,

Pam

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020