May 21–I can see clearly now

Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. I lost my contact somewhere and alas, I couldn’t see to send out the message I had written for the weekend. Coming home yesterday, I found an old one that is helping me get through until I can go today for a new one. 


It’s amazing how the world blurs so quickly to the point I can’t distinguish lines much less words. I suppose that’s how the world sees the things of God. They are blurry and they don’t make much sense. When Christ comes into our lives, it’s like we have put in our contact—we start to see things much more clearly. 


“Some Pharisees overheard him and said, “Does that mean you’re calling us blind?” Jesus said, “If you were really blind, you would be blameless, but since you claim to see everything so well, you’re accountable for every fault and failure.””

‭‭John‬ ‭9:40-41‬ ‭MSG‬‬


My contact works at night straightening up my cornea. I take it out during the day and I see well. If I just keep it in an hour or two, I can see while it’s in, but it hasn’t had time to shape my eye so when I take it out, I still can’t see.if I miss a day, I can’t see anything. 


It’s like going to church. While we are there, everything is clear and we see the truth. But if we don’t stay in the word and commune with God everyday, our spiritual eyes blur and the things of God become indistinguishable and we begin to be attracted to and justify the things of the world because Satan makes sure those things are in giant print on big screens.  


“By faith, we see the world called into existence by God’s word, what we see created by what we don’t see.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:3‬ ‭MSG‬‬


Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace. 


Father God, we pray for eyes that see you in your fullness. Help us not to be like the Pharisees who knew but couldn’t see Christ. We ask for strength and for wisdom to serve you more faithfully. You are our God and we are your people. We love you, adore you and bow before you—we want to worship you with all we are. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020