March 5–Just be Held

Good Monday morning! How was your Sabbath? I hope you met with the Lord and found time to corporately worship Him with fellow believers. Yesterday as I was getting ready for church, I was listening to my playlist of praise music (as I always do to prepare for worship) but I actually “heard” some lyrics that made putting on eye makeup really difficult. 

Hold it all together

Everybody needs you strong

But life hits you out of nowhere

And barely leaves you holding on...

So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away

You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held

Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place

I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held...

If your eyes are on the storm

You'll wonder if I love you still

But if your eyes are on the cross

You'll know I always have and I always will

And not a tear is wasted

In time, you'll understand

I'm painting beauty with the ashes...Your life is in My hands...Just be held

Have you ever been there? Sure you have. If you lived anytime at all you’ve been there in one way or another. And plenty of us have been fully there in body, soul, spirit, and mind down to our little fingernails. Yet, how excruciatingly true is it that when our eyes are on the storm we feel the most alone? The most frightened and the most sad? But if we can force ourselves to let go of that death grip we have on our situation and just let Jesus hold us, and look straight in His face, how the things of this world and all that seemed too much for us can start to fade away. We do have a God that is big enough to hold us and to carry us through the very worst that life throws at us. And He IS big enough to handle it. With one spoken word the raging storm went from terrifying to deathly quiet. He is GOD my friend. 

He seemed to know I was needing some extra encouragement this weekend—even after all these years, it still astounds me that the holy God of the Universe takes the time to pay enough attention to me that when I’m having a tough week, He finds little ways to boost me and let me know He loves me and He’s always in my corner. For example, I have a precious friend who sends me a Bible verse every day, and many times, it’s the perfect verse for my day. Saturday was exceptionally God touched. 


Isaiah 40: 28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. 29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Oh Jesús, thank you for being a strong and tireless God who holds us when we can’t hold ourselves. Bless you Father for renewing our strength when we are weary because all our hope is in you dear Lord. You are Jehovah Jireh, the Messiah, the Prince of Peace, and the Alpha and the Omega. We praise you God for never ever leaving us alone. You are such a good good Father and Friend. Amen and amen. 

Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020