March 21-One Day at a Time

Happy Wednesday. My grandson Braden has joined the Navy and today, I’m taking him to the recruiting station to get on a bus to head for his basic training just north of Chicago. This will be a major step for him, but honestly, it just doesn’t seem like it’s been that long since he took the first big step and got on the bus to kindergarten. 


What have been the major steps in your life? When I think about mine and I think about choosing to be a Christian, where to go to college, choosing my husband, having my children, where we would live...But I think more than making those initial choices were the harder choices I made as I progressed through life. 

As time went on, Bob Hudson wasn’t nearly as much fun to be married to when we had kids and bills and jobs as he was when we were dating. (I know, surprise, right?) And those kids who were talking back and hateful weren’t nearly as cute as cuddly as those sweet babies I’d brought home from the hospital. And about the 8th time God wanted us to move, I was ready to break every plate in my cabinet so I didn’t have to pack them one more time. The tough decisions? Hanging in there. Sticking it out. Doing the grind or the day by day and saying “by God’s grace I will endure.” I don’t say all that because I think life is always awful and hard but sometimes it does get really hard and discouraging and it’s tough to see daylight. But about the time you think the laundry will never end, grubby fingers bring you a dandelion with a dirty kiss or a sweet note on a scrap of paper turns up just when you need it most. 

“He will keep you strong to the end so that you will be free from all blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns. God will do this, for he is faithful to do what he says, and he has invited you into partnership with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.”

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1:8-9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

The best decisions we make with our lives I believe may not be our initial choices, extremely important thought they my be, but are those choices we make as we live life one day at a time. The choices we make to be strong in the Lord and let Him guide our steps when the going gets rough. 

Remember this old song? The words are still pretty relevant. 

Lord for my sake, teach me to take 

One day at a time sweet Jesus 

That's all I'm asking from you. 

Just give me the strength 

To do everyday what I have to do. 

Yesterday's gone and tomorrow may never be mine. Lord help me today, show me the way one day at a time. 

Thank you Jesus for walking day by day with us and keeping us strong to the end just as you promise in your Word. We love you and magnify your Holy Name. We worship you Lord God Almighty, Messiah, Jehovah, Blessed Prince of Peace. You are the great I Am and you are the Holy One who saves and cares for us. Thank you Lord. Amen and amen. 

Love you dear friend,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020