March 20-Fully Rely on God

Happy Tuesday. How is it going for you? I hope your week is off to a good start. Have you ever had one of those string of days when you really tried to get things done, take care of business, everyone and everything on your list, and still...the mountain in front of you just seems too high to climb? I’m usually a pretty good optimist but last night when I was trying to plan out the rest of the week, I realized it just doesn’t all fit. Everything that needs to be done just doesn’t have a spot. And situations like that lend themselves for a bit of anxiety, don’t they? 

You know, I always think I can do so much more than I can, in all areas of my life., but right now, i just have quite a bit that really needs doing. I’m not good at realizing I need to turn it over and let God decide what really “needs” doing. Let the anxiety go, let the Bread of Life sustain me and quit trying to find it all within my self. 

When after walking with Jesus for nearly 3 years and hearing him teach and preach countless times, seeing him perform miracles, raise the dead, calm the seas, and save their worthless hides, they still didn’t get it. They still were like 3rd graders whining because the math lesson was too hard. 

“On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?” Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you? Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life. Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him.”

‭‭John‬ ‭6:60-64‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Can’t you just hear Jesus “Does this offend you?” I can almost hear a little sarcasm in his voice. Don’t you know he wanted to say “You have got to be kidding me! After everything you have witnessed, you still have trouble believing what I tell you?” And sometimes I think He looks at me and says the same thing “Get a grip Pam, after everything we have been through, you still doubt that I’ve got your back? We will get through all of this and what doesn’t get done didn’t need doing! We are good.” And once again, I am reminded that He is sufficient and He is all I need and He will see me through to the end. 

“Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.”

‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭7:9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord, you are our God and You are faithful. You keep your covenant to all generations who love you and that includes me. Thank you Father for your goodness, for your Spirit and for your life in us. You are the Alpha and Omega, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Isaiah, the Great I Am. We praise and lift you high, we sing alleluia to the King who reigns eternal. Amen and amen. 

Love you dear one,

Pam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020