March 17-Spinning Plates

Happy Weekend and aren’t you glad it’s here? Even though I’m retired, there is still something relaxing about the weekend. My move officially began yesterday and I’m already tired. Last night, I was just bone weary, bruised and dragging! As I climbed the stairs the last time, I thought of the prophet Isaiah saying “Do you not know? Have you not heard? The everlasting God does not grow weary...”

““To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One. Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one and calls forth each of them by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing...Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:25-26, 28-31‬ ‭NIV‬‬

When I read this passage, I once again recognize the fact that He is God and I am not. I tend to be a plate spinner and get 50 or so of them going at once and then run around trying to keep them all spinning. Inevitably, they start to fall and break, right? Because I’m not that good! I get tired, I try to do too much. I over estimate. I grow weary, but my God, He does not! 

Every so often we need to just stop and be once again amazed at our God and how very great He truly is. Creator of the universe, each of the stars, measuring them and naming them; never growing weary, but rather renewing our strength. He is an amazing God. 

I heard a song the other day that (loosely) said “Amazing God, You’re still amazing me, When this world is about to change, I’m glad I know the One who always stays the same, The One who parts the waters, still makes a way for me, He still cares, He still hears, the one who fed the thousands and calmed the troubled sea is my bread of life and peace...my song shall ever be, Amazing God, You’re still amazing me.” 

This weekend, will you just worship Him for the awesome God that He is? 

Great and Holy God of the Universe, You created the stars, the planets, the galaxies all for your glory. You are an amazing God. There is none like You. You are high and lifted up, rightfully adored and yet you love us. Thank you for being so great to care for us;open up our eyes to see the greatness and the majesty that You really are. We love You and bless you Lord with all that is within us. You are El Elyon—the God most high. 

Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020