February 6-We Are All Workers

Happy Tuesday. If you happen to need to call Anderson Engineering in Joplin this week, just go ahead and say “Hi Pam!” because that’s me on the other end of the phone for the next 4 days. Aren’t they a brave company to put me at the front desk? I’m out of my comfort zone just a bit, but I’m having a great time and so far, I’ve only misplaced a couple of callers. 


Before I left last night, one of my bosses told me I’d done a good job and he’d see me tomorrow. I was pretty excited my first day wasn’t my last. And I thought of Paul when he addressed the Romans in chapter 15.  

“Personally, I’ve been completely satisfied with who you are and what you are doing. You seem to me to be well-motivated and well-instructed, quite capable of guiding and advising one another. So, my dear friends, don’t take my rather bold and blunt language as criticism. It’s not criticism. I’m simply underlining how very much I need your help in carrying out this highly focused assignment God gave me, this priestly and gospel work of serving the spiritual needs of the non-Jewish outsiders so they can be presented as an acceptable offering to God, made whole and holy by God’s Holy Spirit.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭15:14-16‬ ‭MSG‬‬

Not that Anderson Engineering really needs my help to carry out their assignments, but I do cover the phones and direct traffic so the highly skilled workers can concentrate on their jobs. Sometimes in our walk as Christians, we direct traffic and answer phones and sometimes we are in the field on-the-job site, doing the hard work and sometimes we are at the computer doing the highly skilled, behind-the-scenes work. And the truth is that it takes all of us to keep the Kingdom of God moving, growing, and thriving. 

What ever your part, do it well. Play it so that as E lElyon watches, He can find no fault in you. 

Great God Jehovah, we pray your blessings on our lives and on this day. We love you because you first loved us and you saved us from sin. You have been so so kind and so so good to us. Bless you and praise you and lift you high. You are the God of the Angel Armies, the Healer, the Risen One, the Prince of Peace. Amen and Amen. 

I love you dear friend, work hard today for the Kingdom,

Pam

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020