February 5-Reckless Lovr

Yesterday in church we sang a song that has such profound lyrics that it left me in tears and I just want to share them with you. (The Reckless Love of God https://youtu.be/6xx0d3R2LoU)


Before I spoke a word

You were singing over me

You have been so, so Good to me

Before I took a breath

You breathed Your life in me

You have been so, so Kind to me

Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God

Oh, it chases me down, fights 'til I'm found, leaves the ninety-nine

I couldn't earn it I don't deserve it

Still You give yourself another 

Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God

When I was your foe, still Your love fought for me

You have been so, so Good to me

When I felt no worth You paid it all for me

You have been so, so Kind to me

Everyone of us have a testimony of God’s reckless love chasing us down and fighting for our soul, don’t we? And at the time when we were at our very lowest, at the time when we thought we were totally a mess and worthless, that’s when he wrote the check and paid it all, completely the entire ransom for us. Amazing, isn’t it? That love of His IS reckless, and not orderly nor calculated, but just thrown out there to splash about wherever we are, to find us in our mess and filth and dirty corners. He isn’t selfish or frugal with His love. He is extravagant and wholly generous and yes, reckless. 

“May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.” Ephesians‬ ‭3:19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Dear God in Heaven, you are El Yeshuati, the God of my salvation. We praise you for your love poured out over us before we took our first breath and for the promise that love will be just as reckless the day we take our last. We are humbled in gratitude that you fought for us and that we are so important to you that you paid our sin debt with your great love. You are the Great I Am. Amen and amen. 

Because we are so greatly loved, we can risk loving each other. 

Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020