February 4–Brothers and Sisters

Happy Lord’s Day! Don’t you love worshipping with other believers? There is just something special about being with God’s people. There was a song we used to sing that said “I love the thrill that I feel when I get together with God’s wonderful people. What a sight just to see all the happy faces, praising God in heavenly places..” And it is a great opportunity we are afforded to come together as believers to worship our King. 


I got tickled a couple of weeks ago with my son-in-law Aaron when between services I caught him talking with one of his friends sharing a cup of coffee. As I watched them I couldn’t help but notice they had the same look—same shirts, same pants, same haircuts, same beards, same height—they looked like very close brothers. I made them pose for a picture. (They loved it!)

When I look at that picture though, it makes me think that all of us should begin to resemble one another if we all are growing in our walk with Jesús. All of us as brothers and sisters in Christ should be moving in the same direction and should be reflecting more and more of the Spirit. We should be relying more and more on the Word for our decisions; our attitude and the way we treat one another should be more and more kind and gracious. In short, we should all be growing to look more like Christ and therefore, we should be growing to look more and more like brothers and sisters.  

“Keep on loving each other as brothers and sisters.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Anyone who does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother!””

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭12:50‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“We know, dear brothers and sisters, that God loves you and has chosen you to be his own people.”

‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭1:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Enjoy being with your family today. And while you go about your walk, do your best to add to that family! 

Father of Light we adore you and worship you this day set aside to proclaim your majesty and glory. We pray your Holy Spirit rain down on services everywhere this day, that lives would be changed because of messages proclaimed. We pray for your kingdom and your power. You are El Elyon. Amen and amen. 

Love you dear friend,

Pam

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020