February 27, Take Off the Dirty Rags. 

Good Tuesday morning! How was your Monday? Mine was eventful. My sister and I went by to see out mom yesterday and it was pedicure day. We used to try to make sure she was getting regular ones from the beauty shop, but she is 90 with a pretty good case of Alzheimer’s and doesn’t like other people touching her. She’s not crazy about me touching her. So while my sister does her manicure, which is no small job, I soak her feet and rub off the dead skin and cut her toenails. And Yesterday, I soaked and rubbed her feet and legs for nearly an hour to gently rub off all the dead skin. I had to switch feet every now and again because she would yell and want me to stop on that one.  


When we were finished we rubbed lotion all over the pink feet and legs and my sister painted her toes. And then, I had to have a little fuss with her about putting back on the same socks—the ones that I’d taken off that were full of all that dead skin and yuck. Because they didn’t “look dirty” on the outside she though they were clean. In fact, we just put on all clean cloths! 

Do we ever do that? Let God clean up and then want to put back on our dirty socks? Sure we do! And you know, when I was rubbing mamas legs yesterday and she was trying to talk to me, I tried to grasp any little thread of what she was saying, but there was nothing really. And I so wonder if that’s often what it’s like for God with us. He is so far above us and so great and powerful. Does He try to grasp for anything from us and yet for the most part we just ramble? We and our dirty socks that we are so proud of just speak of things we think sound so good and he sits there shaking his head looking sad thinking “I wish they would spend just a little more time and really get it!” 

“...Wake up, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed...So remove your dark deeds like dirty clothes, and put on the shining armor of right living. Because we belong to the day, we must live decent lives for all to see. Don’t participate in the darkness of wild parties and drunkenness, or in sexual promiscuity and immoral living, or in quarreling and jealousy. Instead, clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. And don’t let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭13:11-14‬ ‭

God of our Salvation, thank you Father for washing us in your laundry and taking us out clean, for setting those same clean feet to dancing Lord! You are a good good Father—it’s just who You are! And we love You so much for it. We pray you accept our praise offering as it is meant for you alone. Bless us this day, Master Jehovah. Amen and amen. 

Have a great Tuesday,

Love you dear one,

Pam 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020