February 22–One Little Tooth

Happy Thursday. How are you doing? If you live close to me I just have one question for you, “Are you sick of this weather yet?” Mercy. We are going to go see my dentist Dr. Reagan this morning if he can get us in. Ton lost half of his back tooth that was cracked and it is giving him fits. Isn’t it amazing how something so very small can cause such a big, tough guy so much pain? It’s not any bigger than a sunflower seed, but it is nearly debilitating for him. 


Sometimes I think we believe that about sin. It’s just this one little thing. How could it possibly hurt anything? And compare that to the rest of me, it’s hardly even worth mentioning, right? But...it can literally take you to your knees. Seriously, take you all the way down. To the point you can’t think of anything else and it has consumed you because it hurts so stinking bad. Even though it was just this one little piece of one little tooth. 


“Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:21‬ ‭NLT‬‬


I also think along the same lines about being important in the Kingdom. For example...”I’m just a tooth, there’s a whole lot more of us here...” But if I’m not strong and I break, I’ve compromised the whole body and potentially it could be in a big mess and have real trouble functioning. Even if it’s just a little piece that breaks, if it’s the piece that covers the nerves, it brings everything to a halt and that’s on me. 


“Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other. In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well...

Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other...Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:4-6, 10, 21‬ ‭NLT‬‬


So I think I’ve learned from Ton’s pain that no sin or no one is really insignificant. (And you have to be careful with those pistachio nuts!) 


Father of Light, Master of the Universe, You are the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, fall fresh on us and show us once again that we can face evil and win and that we can love with abandon. Help us remember that we belong to each other and that our actions effect one another. We love You and worship You Lord because of who You are and for all the mighty things You have done. Praise El Elyon. 

Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020