February 19-Compassion

Good Monday to you! And how are you doing this Presidents Day? Did you hear a good sermon yesterday? I sure did. I heard one on Matthew 9:35-38 when Jesús was awakened to the crowds and was moved by compassion for them. Sometimes I like to think I’m pretty compassionate but if I’m honest, I’m not sure I really am. I think my compassion is pretty limited. I’m soft hearted only if something is of no fault of your own—you know? I tend to be a little judge mental. But Jesús didn’t even care how people got there. He just noticed their hardships, their weaknesses and His response is compassion. He wants the gospel to be shared with them and He asks us to pray for more workers for the harvest. You know, doesn’t it amaze you that instead of looking at the crowds and saying something like “Well, you got yourself in this mess, you’re going to have to get yourself out” which is exactly what I’m inclined to say, Jesús was moved with compassion. It completely blows me away. 


But I suppose if we completely analyze it, if He wasn’t completely compassionate, He would have never left heaven to come to earth, would He? It was compassion for you and for me that was his complete motivation. Isn’t it the greatest mystery that He doesn’t want to hold our sins against us? 


“Isn’t it amazing that a God who is right all of the time has compassion on people who are right almost none of the time?”-Mark Christian


“Jesus traveled through all the towns and villages of that area, teaching in the synagogues and announcing the Good News about the Kingdom. And he healed every kind of disease and illness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.””

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭9:35-38‬ ‭NLT‬


The workers are few. And if there was ever a time that we need to pray for workers, to pray for those who have compassion for the lost and those who will share the gospel message, the time is now. 


Can you remember to pray? Will you set the alarm on your phone for 9:38 am and pm to remind yourself of Matt 9:38 and to take 5 minutes to pray to the Lord of the Harvest for workers? Can we take 10 minutes a day to pray specifically for someone we know that needs Jesús and for someone who will bring the news to them? It was important enough to Jesús that he left heaven for it. I can surely take take 10 minutes out of my day. 


Master, Savior, Healer, and Friend...Thank you for your compassion and for teaching us to love the lost. Help us to have a heart for those who need to know you and to continually pray to the Lord of the Harvest for workers. You are the Great I Am and our Jehovah. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear friend,

Pam



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020