February 1-Don’t Let Those Fries Win

Happy Monday. How was your weekend? Mine was cold! We even had a little plumbing issue from all the cold here at Carla’s, but after a visit from a not-so-nice plumber (I’m sure the ice and the cold had him a bit on edge), we are once again washing clothes. 

Does anyone but me think the best thing at McDonald’s are the fries? In fact, that’s all I eat there. Fries and ice tea. But i love me some of those fries let me tell you what! Sometimes, I’ll just eat a large fries for lunch (I did that last Friday in fact). Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not recommending it. It’s not a good idea. Fries are like the most unhealthy food you can possibly eat and the calorie count is ridiculous. But they just taste so stinkin’ good—which is why I’m so tempted by them. 

I’m tempted by other things that aren’t good for me, too. Actually, if I’m going to honest with you, there’s lots of things that call my name and sometimes...sometimes I answer. I know right? That never happens to you, but that’s OK because it probably happens to me enough for the both of us. Some days, it seems like nothing at all comes in my path but just about the time I’m feeling pretty good about it all? The next day is so full of land mines I can hardly get from A to B.

“If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall. The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.”

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭10:12-13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

What I, and all of us need to remember is the last sentence in that scripture...there IS a way out and our God IS there to show it to us. The question we have to answer is, “Are we looking?” And remember, there are other choices on the menu...even at McDonalds. 

El Elyon, Great God most high, we praise you and adore you. We exalt your holy name and give you the honor that only belong to you our great King. Thank you Father for always providing a way out of temptation for us. Help us to remember the answer is always in Your Word to us. Amen and amen. 

Love you dear one, 

Pam.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020