January 2-He Is God

Happy Tuesday. I hope you had a good holiday yesterday. I was pretty disappointed in my bowl game, but alas, (as I reminded myself 100 times) it’s just a game. 

What is not a game is the amazing generosity and grace of God. And what we don’t have to worry about is the outcome with God. He wins, every time. 

“Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God, this deep, deep wisdom? It’s way over our heads. We’ll never figure it out. Is there anyone around who can explain God? Anyone smart enough to tell him what to do? Anyone who has done him such a huge favor that God has to ask his advice? Everything comes from him; Everything happens through him; Everything ends up in him. Always glory! Always praise! Yes. Yes. Yes.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭11:33-36‬ ‭MSG‬‬

It seems to me the Apostle is using a little sarcasm in this passage—I can almost hear the tone of his voice. Does God have to ask advice from any man? Anyone smarter than God so you can tell Him what to do? And yet, don’t we fall into that trap of thinking we know how the situation should resolve and we try to tell God what we think He should do and how He should do it. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve prayed for my solution rather than handing it all over to the King of Kings. I used to have a sign in my office that said “For peace of mind, resign as manager of the Universe.” I think El Elyon probably knows a bit more about the big picture and the best way for it all to work for His glory than I do. 

I am determined to do my best this year to remember that He who began the good work in me, knows best how He wants to complete it. 

Today, let’s pray that our Father’s will be done and that we would be strong to do whatever He would ask of us. Praise Him and give Him the glory He is due...because He is God. 

Love you dear friend, 

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020