January 19-He Works for Us

Happy Friday. Has Your week been productive and have you remembered to put Christ as a priority? To continue my running commentary on Grand Lake, even though it warmed up yesterday, it didn’t completely thaw out the lake. The pelicans were able to get way out to find a little open water, but the geese that hang around the edges didn’t. They were still walking on the ice, slipping and sliding. 


As I was watching those geese, they would walk out there a ways just stand and look around as if they were waiting on someone to do something. Needless to say, no one did. I couldn’t help but think again about us as Christians, standing on the ice of life, unsure and confused, waiting for help. But that’s where the similarities between us and the geese end. 

“For since the world began, no war has heard and no eye has seen a God like you, who works for those who wait for Him!” Isaiah 64:4

Just the idea of God working for me (when I wait for Him) is pretty astounding. My big problems, my big decisions or even those small ones, are in the hands of the Master. I simply need to stand still and let God move. The great God of the Universe, Jahweh himself, works for us when we take our issues, our problems to Him and leave them with Him. And the fact that everything he does and all that happens to us and with us, is for our good—helping us to grow to be more like Christ. 

“And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them...Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else?”  

Romans‬ ‭8:28, 32‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Great Jehovah, El Elyon, praise your precious name and thank you for working for me when I wait for you. I love that your work for me and your word to me can be trusted. You are sovereign and you want only things that mold me and change me to be more like you. Your love for me is amazing and everlasting. Amen and amen. 

Love you sweet friend,

Pam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020