January 18-Even When it’s all Frozen

Happy Thursday and how are you doing? Well, I missed the forecast for here at the lake. It didn’t make it to a thawing temperature yesterday but rather the entire lake froze over. It was crazy! The pelicans were walking all round and they kept typing to find a place to fish. Did you ever find yourself in a place like those pelicans, where your lake was frozen, nothing was as it should be and you couldn’t figure out how to get to a place to fish? Confused, disoriented, and maybe a little afraid?


Sometimes we as Christians get in cold places—spots that do not look like we are used to seeing, where we surely can’t see our next move and where we feel alone and cold. Then, just like the ice will begin to melt today, Jesus wakes up and calms the situation. In our craziness and fear, Jesus tells the winds and the waves to be still; the ice to melt; and the craziness of it all to just go away. He takes us by the hand and leads us straight out of it. 

““ Lord, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He calmed the storm to a whisper and stilled the waves. What a blessing was that stillness as he brought them safely into harbor! Let them praise the Lord for his great love and for the wonderful things he has done for them.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭107:28-31‬ ‭NLT‬‬

 Even if my lake freezes over, I know who has promised to never leave me nor forsake me. And as that soaks into me and I am overwhelmed by His assurance. You know, the truth of the matter is we don’t know where today will lead, but what we do know is where our ultimate destination lies. Jesus our Savior will take us by the right hand and lead us all the way to Glory. And for that dear friend, we can tolerate a little frozen water along life’s way. 

Lord, thank you for bringing peace to chaotic situations. I praise you for speaking to the storms in my life and having them completely calm. You are worthy and you are good. You are my strong shelter and my guide as I make this journey. Thank you for never failing me as you hold my hand and watch over me while you stand in the gap with me. Amen and amen. 

Love you sweet friend,

Pam

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020