January 17-In the Middle

Happy Wednesday. How are you today? In the Midwest, our super freeze is supposed to break today and the forecast Is to see temps above 32F (0C). Yeah! This has been quite the few days of brutal weather. I started out Sunday morning to go to church with my kids and when I left Grove, everything was fine (just cold). But after about 10 miles, there was snow all over the sides of the road. Then, by the time I got to Seneca, it was snowing (but not hard). However, five miles later there’s hardly any visibility! And I think “I should turn around” but the roads are awful, I can’t see and I’m afraid to do anything but plow through it. 


Does that ever happen to you? Do you get in the middle of something you have no business in, but think you can’t get out? It’s not a great feeling and I don’t think that feeling of hopelessness is one that Yahweh wants for his children. I was praying and among other things I asked the Lord to give me the wisdom to figure out the situation. But about the time I got it out, I realized, the time for a request for wisdom would have been before I got in the car. 

How many times when we end up in a mess, we run to The Father and beg for His help out when the time for help would have been when we were planning our business deal or our purchase or decision or the hundred other things we neglect to first take to the one who walks on the water and stands in the fire beside me. 

“Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God, this deep, deep wisdom? It’s way over our heads. We’ll never figure it out. Is there anyone around who can explain God? Anyone smart enough to tell him what to do? Anyone who has done him such a huge favor that God has to ask his advice? Everything comes from him; Everything happens through him; Everything ends up in him. Always glory! Always praise! Yes. Yes. Yes.”  ‭‭Romans‬ ‭11:33-36‬ ‭MSG‬‬

Father of Light, thank you for standing in the fire with us even though, like wandering sheep, we often seem to be where you would have never led us. We pray for the wherewithal to stop and carry everything we do to you before we start. We pray for listening ears when you speak. You are Almighty and everything comes from and through you and we are overwhelmed by your wisdom and your grace to us. Amen

Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020