January 14-Some Questions have Answers

Good Sunday to you! I trust you are excited about this Lord’s Day and are ready to worship in spirit and in truth. 


I’ve been thinking a lot about how and why we end up in the places we do. And once we get there, what on earth are we supposed to make of the mess? Am I alone in this or do you ask yourself that occasionally as well? It seems as we go through this life and there are times when things are great and times when they are just simply horrible. (Most of the time they are somewhere between) I know I’ve had times that I thought “Life just can’t be much better than this!” And I’ve had times that I thought “I just don’t think I can get through this day, in fact I’m not sure I can make it through the next 10 minutes!” But no matter what we are smack in the middle of, one thing we do know for sure, our feelings will change.

We are also told that “there’s always a reason for everything that happens” but how many times have you never quite seen the reason for it or if you’re like me, you don’t always care. You know the apostle Paul had lots of the same questions but he found some answers, too. If anyone went through the fire, it was Paul. Paul who was living the nose-in-the-air-life as a big important Pharisee and then Jesus took him down right off that high horse. He was struck blind, couldn’t eat or drink and couldn’t get around without someone leading him for the next three days. Then after, he changed his name and started preaching like crazy. He is beaten, shipwrecked, bitten, starved, chained and and put in prison. Yes, Paul had a question or two. 

But he figured a few things out, too. 

“And I want you to know, my dear brothers and sisters, that everything that has happened to me here has helped to spread the Good News. For everyone here, including the whole palace guard, knows that I am in chains because of Christ. And because of my imprisonment, most of the believers here have gained confidence and boldly speak God’s message without fear.”

‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1:12-14‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Can’t you almost hear his excitement as you read through these words? He is so caught up that the gospel is going forward with boldness, that he has nearly forgotten he is in real hardship! Once he got his mind looking at the results of his mess, all of a sudden, it wasn’t a terrible thing anymore. 

God please help us to care more about Your Word moving forward that we do about our temporary hardships on this planet. Father we commit our circumstances to You; we commit our responses to You; and we commit our future actions to You that you may mold us and make us to be better prepared to be your hands and your feet. I pray Lord that as we read and study, scripture would stick with us so we can be your voices. Thank you for loving us and caring for us through awful times and for giving us little glimpses of heaven now and again. We worship you and comit this day to you. Amen and amen. 

Love you dear one,

Pam 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020