January 11-For Sale

Good Thursday to you! How are you doing today? Has it been a busy week? Lately I’ve gotten serious about cleaning out, cleaning up and getting clean paint on some walls. I’m going to put my house up for sale and that creates a whole new level of spit shinning. Every time I look another direction, i see something that I should fix up or re-do. Since I’m looking at everything with the “for sale” filter, it’s like I’m seeing this house for the first time. 


Do you ever think about looking at our spiritual lives with a filter? With the filter of the holiness of God? That’s a tough one. What I think we much more likely to is look at ourselves through the lens of other people and their righteousness—especially others whom we know make us look pretty good. But we aren’t judged as to being better than others, but how do we stand up next to God. 

“Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the highest heavens. You have done such wonderful things. Who can compare with you, O God?” Psalms‬ ‭71:19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

And then in John, Jesus himself prays for our holiness:

“They do not belong to this world any more than I do. Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth. Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world. And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth.” John‬ ‭17:16-19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

To be holy is to be distinct, separate, in a class by oneself. The primary meaning of holy is ‘separate.’ It comes from an ancient word that meant, ‘to cut,’ or ‘to separate.’ The one who calls us to holiness is uniquely set apart, cut away from everything tainted by sin. He has no rivals or competition and that is our standard. 

Today, let’s pray for a walk closer toward holiness, separate from the world. Pray that we not only recognize what it means to be holy but that we also understand the true measure—that of the holiness of the Great Adonai. 

Love you dear friend,

Pam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020