January 10-Wake Up

Good Wednesday to you! How did you wake up this morning? Ready to hit the ground running? Or did you need to hit the snooze a couple of times and then grab a strong cup of coffee to face the day? I have pretty much been a morning person all of my life. When I wake up, I’m awake and ready to do something. 


Where do your thought go as you wake up? When I wake up, one of the first things I do is start to organize my thoughts, think about my day and what I’ve got in front of me. Today, I have several items to check off the to-do sheet so I tried to plan what needs to get done when.


But the first thing I really try do is to consciously make my decision—my decision to follow Jesús this day. Sometimes I get preoccupied and blow right on by that and think about God later in the day by random chance. It’s easy to do but the situation is we can either decide to crucify the old man, or not and simply by omission, just live this day however it turns out. Somehow though, if we don’t make that conscious choice, we never quite get on track for the day. 


It is amazing how hard it is to train ourselves to think first of God rather than of our self and what we want to do today. It is human nature to think first of us, but if we declare that Jesus is our Lord and Savior, then He truly needs to be Lord of our life and we need to be about breaking that old man first thing out of the box. 


“So fear the Lord and serve him wholeheartedly. Put away forever the idols your ancestors worshiped...Serve the Lord alone. But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve... But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”

‭‭Joshua‬ ‭24:14-15‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Let’s begin today by taking a moment to identify the things, the thoughts,  the activities and/or the emotions that can consume us and keep us from worshipping God and serving Him. Then, let’s “put them away” at least until after we have committed the day. Now, that’s the way to wake up! 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

  1. Good Morning Dear Sister~praying your day is full of blessings~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020