December 7-Our Conversations

It’s Thursday in Mexico. And I’ve been having some experiences that have me thinking about things. I attended a Bible study with a group of women who were working through the role that God has called to them as wives and mothers. They started in Genesis at woman’s creation and ended up in Proverbs 31. Then yesterday, I attended the funeral of a mother and grandmother who has now gone to be with her Lord and Savior. And if the turn out was any indication, she was a much loved woman who lived her calling well. 


Obviously it makes me wonder if I’m living up to my calling and if my life is well lived. And what is the very basis for that? Maybe it starts with the words from our mouths. And as I sat through both of these, I contemplated the conversations, lives being lived, and a life that had been well lived. The conversations that surrounded me continued to make me wonder “Are these words being used to equip and bring encouragement and strength?”


You know, as we have daily conversations, they are truly a reflection of three previous conversations or exchanges we have already had or are currently having: What I’ve said to myself; how I’ve refuted Satan’s lies; and how closely I’m walking with God. 


How I manage these conversations (what I say to myself, what I say to the Enemy, and what I say to the Father) can determine if I say something stupid or hurtful to someone I love or someone who needs to hear a kind or encouraging word from me today. Or if I will speak words that are relevant, authentic, life giving, and wise. I will be someone who blesses, not curses, with the words I speak in the conversation I’m having with the person in front of me. 


“Watch the way you talk. Let nothing foul or dirty come out of your mouth. Say only what helps, each word a gift.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:29‬ ‭MSG‬‬


So today, before you start to speak, do a quick run down of the three: tell yourself to only say good things that will help; tell Satan you will not believe his lies and to get behind you; and maybe first of all and definitely most importantly ask God to prepare your heart and your words. 


Love you dear one, 

Pam, South of the Border. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020