December 27–Read to Run

Happy Wednesday. I hope this finds you recovered from holiday and looking forward to the new year. I’ve been thinking about things I need to change in the new year, like getting back to a regular exercise routine. I don’t like to exercise, but i know it’s good for me and makes me feel better. For me, it’s about self-discipline and working it into my day, just like brushing my teeth. My kids bought me a watch for Christmas that even helps with all of that. 


I find that in my walk with the Lord, I need to use that same self-discipline and keep a regular routine of study, prayer, and reflection. 


“Youths may faint and grow weary, and young men stumble and fall, but those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:30-31‬ ‭HCSB‬‬


The apostle Paul told us to “be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might” Ephesians 6:10. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me,” he said in Philippians 4:13. 


Throughout the Bible we find a simple formula: when the Word goes in, praise goes up, and when faith is lived out, God goes forth to strengthen His people. Over and over we see the importance of getting the Word inside of us. 


I think for most of us, the routine is easy to skip—or “put off” for a bit. I think most of us understand that it is vitally important but I think we have the over whelming push to do the urgent and then, important is often neglected because we get so distracted with urgent. 


So today, I’m starting my exercise routine both for body and soul. I am praying for strength and discipline. I am ready for God to show up to strengthen me...and maybe to run and not grow weary. 


Love you dear one,

Pam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020