December 17-My Plans=His Plans

It’s Sunday in Oklahoma and I think somewhere between Samachique and Grove, I missed a devotion. We left earlier than we had planned due to weather in the Sierras. It started to snow and roads began to close and the forecast was for it to continue for the next couple of days. So, a day early, we threw our things in the truck and took off taking the lower route to avoid the deep snow. But what we saw was certainly beautiful. 


Our plans are not always God’s plans and especially in December, we have to be flexible. Proverbs 16:1 says that we make elaborate plans, but God has the last word. And no matter where we are, what we have going, or how busy we think we are doing God’s work, he is working out his plans for us. 


“The Lord will work out his plans for my life—for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don’t abandon me, for you made me.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭138:8‬ ‭NLT‬‬


I for one bask in the knowledge that my plans, however flawed, will be worked out for good for my life. As long as I commit my plans to him and put my trust and hope in the One who made me, then He will make sure my plans match His. That is comfort that lets you sleep well at night. 


“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.”

‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29:11-13‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Today, whatever your plans for the week, for the month, for the coming new year...commit them to Jehovah. Wholeheartedly look for him and he promises you will find him. 


Love you dear one,

Pam


Comments

  1. What a beautiful picture~thank you~love you~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020