December 15- Get out of Bef

It’s Friday morning in the Sierras. And it has been a frosty night. It was one that required lots of blankets on the bed and warm jammies. It’s the kind of morning that you know you need to get up and start the fire but you don’t want to leave the bed—the comfort zone. 


It makes me think of how many other instances in life I need to step out and do but I don’t want to leave where it’s comfortable. My friend Jamie called it her “rut” and she likes living in it. We all like to live in our ruts to a certain extent. We know what to expect, who we are going to meet, what they think, and when we will be home. But what are we missing? 


If I never get out of bed, I can’t have breakfast or go to the hospital or finish what I need to do or 50 other things. And if we never get out of our comfort zones, do we miss reaching someone for Jesus? Do we miss a blessing God has planned for us? And all the other things God really has waiting for us to accomplish. 


“GOD made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him. When I cleaned up my act, he gave me a fresh start. Indeed, I’ve kept alert to GOD ’s ways; I haven’t taken God for granted. Every day I review the ways he works, I try not to miss a trick. I feel put back together, and I’m watching my step. GOD rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.”

‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭22:21-25‬ ‭MSG‬‬


So Today let’s pray for a step out of our comfort zones and stay alert to what he wants from us (and I’m going to go start a fire). 


Love you dear one, 

Pam (fever-less, PTL)


"God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day."Psalm 46:5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020