December 11-Stay Warm

Well, it’s very early Monday Morning in Mexico City and I’m getting ready to board a plane for Chihuahua. I’m a bit sleepy having spend the better part of the night in this huge, cold airport. (I’ve yet to figure out why there are so very few places that are heated here when the temperatures drop to and below freezing on a regular basis in winter—maybe it has to do with warm blooded Latinos, of which I’m obviously not!) 


A couple of days ago we were at a hotel with pools fed by multiple hot springs. Even though the temperatures were cold enough that we were wearing coats, boots and scarves (and I was still cold of course!) But the folks that had been in the pools were running around in their bathing suits (which made me even colder just looking at them!) It seemed so strange, but they had gotten so hot, that the cold air wasn’t touching them. I kept thinking I wish I was brave enough to get in the hot water but that meant taking off my coat and clothes and there was NO WAY I could stand the cold that long!

But when we are brave enough to turn lose of the control of our lives and give it over—give our coats and uncover ourselves. Let him see us as we really are, he can warm us completely. We can be bathed completely in the Spirit and the windy, frozen world and the frigid Enemy can’t touch us. It’s a shield and a defense against the cold. 

“LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.” But you, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain.”

‭‭Psalm‬ ‭3:1-4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

But just like the bathers who eventually feel the cold if they don’t get back into the hot pool, we too will begin to feel the Enemy’s attacks if we stay out of the Word and neglect fellowship of other believers. We have to continually follow the Master by study, prayer and true repentance. 

Today, purpose to keep your shield in place! Lord keep us in your warm water as your defense for us against the world. 

Love you dear one,

Pam, South of the border

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020