Thursday-What’s in your Toolbox?

Happy Thursday. I think I’m going to pull through. What ever had it’s nasty grip on me certainly was able to knock my legs out from under me. I went to bed Saturday and haven’t been up since—not a pretty sight to say the least! Maybe I’ll be up again by this Saturday. Thank you for all the prayers and notes of encouragement. Tracy has been making sure I’ve been drinking and eating. 


Tal recently had to change out the element in my hot water tank. He bought a wrench, but it didn’t work on that particular fitting. He had to get a longer one with a joint. He needed the right tool for the job. 

“The world is unprincipled. It’s dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn’t fight fair. But we don’t live or fight our battles that way—never have and never will. The tools of our trade aren’t for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.”

‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭10:3-6‬ ‭MSG‬‬

As I was reading last night, I ran across this verse and it struck me. I kept thinking “What’s in my tool bag? Do I have the right tools and even if I do, do I know how to use them correctly?” But we are assured here that if we have our tool bags fitted, ready to go, and know how to use them, we are amply prepared to build those lives of obedience into maturity. 

Today, work on your tool box. The tools that are for demolition of the corrupt culture and those things that stand against the truth of God. 

Love you dear one, 

(Puny) Pam

Comments

  1. My tool box needs lots of work~thank you for today's message~praying that you aren't Puny Pam much longer~Love you~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020