November 24–Forgive

Happy Friday or as those who are really into shopping call it “Black Friday!” Lots of bargains everywhere. I think after all the cooking from yesterday, I just ready for a little R&R for today! And I won’t lie, I’ve already had a little gluten/dairy free apple pie this morning. 


My back was so sore last night after a long day of cooking and preparing. That back pain reminded me of a sermon I’d heard not long ago on the pain we cause ourselves by looking back—back pain. 


Even though our past sins have been forgiven by God, if we choose to not forgive ourselves of our past transgressions it is really a sign of unbelief. A sign that we don’t believe that God is big enough or that he has really forgiven us and washed us clean.


“Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer; answer me, for I need your help. Protect me, for I am devoted to you. Save me, for I serve you and trust you. You are my God. Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am calling on you constantly. Give me happiness, O Lord, for I give myself to you. O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭86:1-5‬ ‭NLT‬‬


However, it is made abundantly clear that we must forgive others if we wish him to continue forgiving us. 


“and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:12‬ ‭NLT


Forgiveness. It’s a tough business. We like to hold close our grudges and we tend to keep that guilt in strong boxes. Neither of which does us one bit of good and only weakens our standing with the Father. 


Today, consciously practice forgiving both large and small,and both yourself and others. What a great way to enter into the season we celebrate the Savior’s Birth. 


Love you friend,

Pam 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020