November 21-Don’t Sit in the Fence

Happy Tuesday! I trust you doing well this day and living strong for the Savior. Have you ever felt like you were riding a fence? Been in that situation where you just couldn’t pick which side you wanted to be on? Yesterday, I was picking Ton up at the airport and I had the time wrong by an hour. (Surprising, right?) I had arrived what I thought was about 50 minutes early but that was ok because I could just sit and read. But then, when I realized it was two, I wondered if I should I go do something and come back or just stay? I couldn’t decide. I was on the fence. 


Here in Luke 12, starting in vs 49, Jesus gives some serious admonition about being on the fence over serving him and serving the world. He speaks pretty sternly about that divided loyalty and how he will deal with it. 


““I have come to set the world on fire, and I wish it were already burning! I have a terrible baptism of suffering ahead of me, and I am under a heavy burden until it is accomplished. Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other! From now on families will be split apart, three in favor of me, and two against—or two in favor and three against.”

‭‭Luke‬ ‭12:49-52‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Every time I read this I think about all the Christmas cards that say “Peace on Earth” and Jesus saying “Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I came to divide houses.” If it wasn’t truly a life and death issue for folks, it might be funny hearing him say that back to them. 


Jesús isn’t telling us not to get along with our families but he wants us to know when you get serious about serving him and you start stepping out in faith, people don’t understand. They just don’t get it and it does lead to division. Jesus is saying, beware of divided loyalties—choose me and don’t serve the world. 


Today, choose Jesus, he certainly choose you. 


Love you dear one,

Pam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020