November 18- Keep it Simple

Happy Saturday to you! It’s the weekend and I’m ready for a little College Game Day, although I think I’m going to miss most of it today. My Casey is opening another shop and alas, I think this mama is going back to work for a few days. (I’m hoping there’s a tv somewhere in the vicinity!) 


So many times when I write things in these little devotions, I wonder if I’m too simplistic at times, but what I write is just how I interpret the world with scripture—and I’m a just an old Oklahoma girl. I sometimes think perhaps I should try to be a little deeper, maybe more complex, and then I think of the apostle Paul and what he said to the church at Corinth. 


“And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,”

‭‭I Cor 2:1-4 NKJV


He didn’t come with fancy words or slick speeches or anything to impress. The only bullets in his gun so to speak was Christ and him crucified. He was nervous and he wasn’t trying to convince with words because he wanted the Spirit to shine through, not him. He didn’t want anyone to say “Wow, that Paul can really preach!” But rather he wanted people to talk about what Christ had done and the power of the resurrection. He came in weakness so the strength of the Lord could be evident. Paul wanted his words to be simple but the message to be the power. 


So maybe I need to worry less about whether the message is too simple and just make sure it’s focused on Christ and him crucified. And maybe if I have any extra time today, I should read my Bible and not worry so much about watching football, do you recon’? 


Have a great Saturday and don’t forget to prepare today for the Sabbath. 


Love you friend,

Pam




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020