November 13–He’s in Your Boat

Happy Monday to you! Are you ready to hit this week full force? Do you have an action plan to accomplish the things that you believe the Father has for you to do? I have my check list, I’m just praying I can get through it.  


You know when I was sick and it started creeping into that second week, I started really feeling sorry for myself. In fact, I just had myself a little pity party. I used to tell Bob Hudson that those really were not much fun because no one was coming and I wasn’t making him any snacks for it. But here I was. Didn’t Jesus even care that I was sick? I was even trying to do some things for Him and I didn’t even feel good enough to read. And then, I remembered that exact same sentence from the book of Mark. “Jesus don’t you even care about us?” Old Solomon got it right those several thousand years ago, didn’t he?—there really IS nothing new under the sun. 


 While I was in full-on guilt mode and completely identifying with those disciples in the boat, I realized they were at least in the boat! I know that doesn’t sound like much, but they had been obedient and followed the Master’s instruction. And that thought did help me to feel a little less of a total failure. 


Their issue happened when they got beyond their area of expertise to a place they were simply overwhelmed. And that happens to all of us from time to time. We get overwhelmed and over our heads. Maybe some of us get there quicker than others, but we all get there. We all cry out for help and wonder if Jesus has forgotten completely about us. 


“Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion. The disciples woke him up, shouting, “Teacher, don’t you care that we’re going to drown?” When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Silence! Be still!” Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. Then he asked them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?” The disciples were absolutely terrified. “Who is this man?” they asked each other. “Even the wind and waves obey him!””

‭‭Mark‬ ‭4:38-41‬ ‭NLT‬‬


The thing I have to stop and breathe and remember? He was in the boat all along. He was in the boat BECAUSE He cares and He’s always in our boat. I just have to stop and breathe and remember. And you friend, maybe not as often and me, but there are times, you have to stop and breathe and remember, he’s always in your boat...because He cares. 


“For as the waters fill the sea, the earth will be filled with an awareness of the glory of the Lord.”

‭‭Habakkuk‬ ‭2:14‬ ‭NLT‬‬


And I think without over stepping, I can interpret that to say “As the waters fill the sea, I am filled with an awareness of the glory of the Lord.”


Today, be filled with that awareness and remember, He’s always in your boat. 

Love you dear friend,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020