November 12–Put on the Incorruptible 

Happy Lords Day to you and I trust you have prepared your heart and mind for this day dedicated to worship and celebration of our Lord and Savior. 


I had the good fortune to spend my weekend with some very special ladies talking all about the first chapter of I Thessalonians and Paul’s instructions for building up the body of Christ. One of our unrelated side conversations at breakfast was about how fast time flies and sometimes we still feel really young in our minds but our bodies...well, they just aren’t. 


“So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.”

‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:16-18‬ ‭ESV‬‬


How refreshing is that? Things unseen are eternal. That thing inside of you that still feels young? That’s the unseen—That’s what lasts forever! Yeah, the body, all that stuff you can see is going to corrupt and mess up. My shoulder is messed up and the shoulder doctor tells me I need to have my rotator cuff repaired. Yuck. It’s old and weak. It’s wearing out because it’s corruptible. But guess what? It doesn’t have to last forever because there is a point in time where I will put on the incorruptible and that incorruptible, it will be eternal. Now that just sounds pretty good to me. 


Enjoy your worship today and remember the eternal glory is beyond all comparison...That’s something to sing praises about! 


Love you dear friend,

Pam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020