Happy Friday—Be a little sentimental 


Happy Friday and week’s-end to you! How are you doing? Do you feel like you’ve had a good week? 

Do you have a few things you cherish for no other reason than you just do? They are not necessarily valuable or pretty or seemingly different than a dozen others that you may have, but this one is special...is it the giver? Or what happened when you wore it? There’s most certainly a memory attached. I really don’t hang on to things because of their monetary value, but I do have lots of sentimental things. Like a tea towel that I’ve had more than 40 years. It’s frayed and raveled, but I still hang on to it. I got it at my church wedding shower from the sweetest lady and until it or I fall apart, it will be in my kitchen drawer. 

The one thing though, that I cherish above all is the love of God. Of that, I can never let go, never turn away, never close my eyesight. It sustains, it upholds, and it will see me through not only this life but all the way to the next one. 

“Now that we are set right with God by means of this sacrificial death, the consummate blood sacrifice, there is no longer a question of being at odds with God in any way. If, when we were at our worst, we were put on friendly terms with God by the sacrificial death of his Son, now that we’re at our best, just think of how our lives will expand and deepen by means of his resurrection life! Now that we have actually received this amazing friendship with God, we are no longer content to simply say it in plodding prose. We sing and shout our praises to God through Jesus, the Messiah!”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:9-11‬ ‭MSG‬‬

Of that love I will sing and I will shout. I will tell anyone who pays attention to me for any length of time. It means something to me. In fact, it means everything to me. It is sentimental to me because of the one that gave it to me. That continues to give it to me. 

Today, praise Him for His great love to you even while you didn’t deserve it. Be sentimental about it. 

Love you dear friend,

Pam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020