Thursday - Get Busy

It’s Thursday! Throwback Thursday I think some folks call it challenging us to remember those in our past and other good times. Yesterday wasn’t one of those past good times for me to remember! I had a headache that started about 4:00 a.m. and just grew progressively worse as the day went on. I finally got on the good side of it about 6:00 p.m. when it calmed to just a dull ache. Not a fun day to say the least. I spent most of it just lying around. About 6:30, I took a shower and knew I should eat something, but as I stood looking at everything in the kitchen I couldn’t get hungry for anything. Nothing. Then I realized I’d done nothing all day to build an sort of appetite. 

Isn’t that just like our spiritual lives? If we are not about the Father’s business, if we are not doing anything for Jesus, we are not hungry for the things of God. We are not anxious to read the Word; we are not ready at a moments notice to pray for those in need nor is it our first response in our own lives when issues arise; we don’t want to seek out counsel from those that we know are Godly brothers and sisters; and we certainly don’t want to “hang out” with those that may need something from us. 

“Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will.”    Romans‬ ‭8:5-7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

The sinful or as in my case yesterday, the lazy nature, is hostile to the things of God and always will be. Isn’t that something to dwell on? The less we do FOR God, the less we want to do WITH the things OF God. 

But I love what he Apostle tells us just a couple of verses later in this chapter. 

“So don’t you see that we don’t owe this old do-it-yourself life one red cent. There’s nothing in it for us, nothing at all. The best thing to do is give it a decent burial and get on with your new life. God’s Spirit beckons. There are things to do and places to go!” Romans‬ ‭8:12-14‬ ‭MSG‬‬

And dear one, there certainly ARE things to do for the Savior. He has certainly done enough for us, hasn’t he? And I know that if I don’t do the things that God has planned for me to do, He will find someone else to do them, but what a colossal failure on my part! And a why on earth would I want to walk away from a life of complete surrender and fulfillment? I may not be a rocket scientist but I’m not an idiot! 

So today, let’s be about our Father’s business, what do you say? Decide today to be busy and stay connected and excited about the things of God! 

Love you friend,

Pam

PS.   Don’t you love the way Paul talked to the Romans? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020