It’s Friday—Answer the Call!

Happy Friday and welcome to week’s ending! I happen you’ve had a productive week and have been able to share the love of the Savior with someone who needed a special touch in the last few days...Someone who was in need of compassion and needed to hear of God’s redeeming grace and mercy. 


Yesterday, I spoke on the fact that I believe God has called us all. Now, obviously not everyone answers that call, but I believe that if you listen, God calls you to some purpose far greater than your own. 

One of my friends and I were talking about this very idea the other day and she asked me “Can you ignore the call and still go to Heaven?” I had to think about it a minute, but my response was “Probably so, but what would you want ignore that call? I realize that most people probably do ignore it, but if the great God of heaven, the King of Glory, El Elyon is calling me...I want to answer!” 

And when people answer, great things can happen. People who other wise never would have heard, have Bibles in their hands try to read them! People who never knew about God or that He loves us so much he sent His son to die for us and that He conquered death!

“Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. And he said, “Yes, it was written long ago that the Messiah would suffer and die and rise from the dead on the third day. It was also written that this message would be proclaimed in the authority of his name to all the nations, beginning in Jerusalem: ‘There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent.’ You are witnesses of all these things.”

‭‭Luke‬ ‭24:45-48‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Who doesn’t want to answer when God calls? Don’t you want to be named with the likes of Paul and Timothy, James and John, Augustine, Tozier and Sunday? I know those are the guys I want to hang with in Heaven. I want to be able to say “Hey, I answered, too!” I want to be counted among the group who answered the call and didn’t leave anything on the table!  

Today, think about what you want to do. Be intentional. Do you want a mediocre life, or do you want to numbered in the cloud of witnesses? The ones who laid it all on the line? Let the Savior know. And he will get serious with you. 

Love you sweet one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020