Happy Monday—Use those Gifts

Happy Monday! Are you ready to begin this week wrapped in the love and grace that Jesus has for you? It’s going to be a busy one for me! 


I’ve been in several homes lately that were up dressed for fall. So very cute. I mean every knock and cranny had a little pumpkin or fall leaves or corn or something adorable. It made me feel like I’d really been neglectful of my own house. I did hang a wreath on the porch and I tried to get my bed made and the laundry done. 

Some folks are really talented when it comes to making sure the decor is perfect. Some can turn out the perfect pie. A select few can put together a tamale that will make the angels sing! My sister is nearly perfect. And then...there’s me, the relish dish queen. I think my gift is pretty much one of talking to and loving people. My dad said I could talk to a fence post and mom said only if I though I could get me out of the kitchen work. But the truth is, God has given all of us something with which we are really good. Not all of us should be good at the same things other wise, who’d be left to do those other things? 

“In this way we are like the various parts of a human body. Each part gets its meaning from the body as a whole, not the other way around. The body we’re talking about is Christ’s body of chosen people. Each of us finds our meaning and function as a part of his body. But as a chopped-off finger or cut-off toe we wouldn’t amount to much, would we? So since we find ourselves fashioned into all these excellently formed and marvelously functioning parts in Christ’s body, let’s just go ahead and be what we were made to be, without enviously or pridefully comparing ourselves with each other, or trying to be something we aren’t. If you preach, just preach God’s Message, nothing else; if you help, just help, don’t take over; if you teach, stick to your teaching; if you give encouraging guidance, be careful that you don’t get bossy; if you’re put in charge, don’t manipulate; if you’re called to give aid to people in distress, keep your eyes open and be quick to respond; if you work with the disadvantaged, don’t let yourself get irritated with them or depressed by them. Keep a smile on your face.” Romans 12:4-10

What I do know is this, we are all good at something. We have all be given a gift to use for the Kingdom of God and we are the most content and the most blessed when we are in the groove, in the sweet spot of God’s will for our lives utilizing that gift. And the purpose of those gifts? It is simply this: to win the lost and make disciples. 

So today, let’s make sure our gifts are being used for the Kingdom. Let’s pray and ask the Father to continue to place opportunities in our paths so that our gifts may be further be pressed into His service and ultimately for His glory. 

Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020