Happy Monday-Kleenex Just Won’t Work

Good Monday! How was your weekend? I hope it was a great one and you found ample time to spend with the Father of Lights. I had a really good day yesterday in worship at Platt City First Baptist with my sister and brother-in-law. And a wonderful time with Berean Sunday School Gals. 

Saturday my sister and I had my mom for the day. Our mom has advanced dementia and at times it’s so sad, but at times the things she comes out with are just funny. My sister needed a little something for lunch so we pulled through to get a taco. Mother decided maybe she wanted one too. So I asked for another one and them mom began digging through her purse presumably for some money. I told her it was fine, we had it, but then she pulled out a handful of Kleenex and said “no here, I’ve got it!” I tried to explain that they only took money and she just became angry and said “Let me talk to them. They’ll take this or I don’t want their taco!” Sharon and I just couldn’t even respond we were laughing so hard and she was just livid with us. But the absurdity of it all was just so funny. 

Do you ever think God looks at us like that and just laughs when we try to hand him a wad of Kleenex to try to pay for our shortcomings? Our dirty rags that we think are “good enough” to buy ourselves. Because after all, our Kleenex are in much better shape than our friend’s. Her’s are really ragged and I think she may have even blown her nose on one of them. 

“God sacrificed Jesus on the altar of the world to clear that world of sin. Having faith in him sets us in the clear. God decided on this course of action in full view of the public—to set the world in the clear with himself through the sacrifice of Jesus, finally taking care of the sins he had so patiently endured. This is not only clear, but it’s now —this is current history! God sets things right. He also makes it possible for us to live in his rightness.

So where does that leave our proud Jewish insider claims and counterclaims? Canceled? Yes, canceled. What we’ve learned is this: God does not respond to what we do; we respond to what God does. We’ve finally figured it out. Our lives get in step with God and all others by letting him set the pace, not by proudly or anxiously trying to run the parade.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:25-28‬ ‭MSG‬‬

Aren’t you glad we don’t have to run the parade? Doesn’t it give you peace to be safely in the Father’s care? I’m afraid all of Kimberly Clark couldn’t make enough paper products to see me safely home. 

Today, thank our Father for paying it all. That you don’t have to dig out money or anything else to try to pay for your way to heaven.

Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020