Wednesday-My God, My Daddy

Happy Wednesday to you. Please remember all those that have died in yesterday's earthquake that was centered in Puebla, outside of Mexico City. This morning the death toll is at 217 that included 20 children inside a school. The search continues for multitudes that are still trapped. For thousands of people, life changed in an instant yesterday. 


On August 13, 1985, George Thomas Smith age 62 died from wounds received in an accident. My daddy. From my earliest memories, my best friend, my biggest fan and my greatest supporter. It was the worst day of my life and I didn't think I would ever laugh again. I found out that losing my daddy wasn't the very worst thing that could happen to me, but it was awful. Daddys are pretty important. But what I learned was that without my earthly daddy, I became much more aware of my Heavenly Father. Just like my daddy would let me sit on his lap and listen to me ad nauseam, so would my Abba Father. Just like George Thomas was my biggest supporter, so was my Abba Father and even though my daddy loved me unconditionally since I was born, Abba loved me even before I was conceived--in fact, before time began. 


Have you ever thought of God as your Daddy? That may sound funny to some people but the word Abba is Aramaic and most closely translated as daddy. It's an intimate word reserved for children with their fathers. 


“And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.” Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child. And since you are his child, God has made you his heir.”

‭‭Galatians‬ ‭4:6-7‬ ‭NLT‬


How's that for a term of pure affection? Because you are His child. It signifies to me the closest relationship you could possibly have with your Heavenly Father. Some may misconstrue it as not having the proper respect for God, but I see it as just the opposite--the greatest respect of all is to curl up on his lap and be completely ourselves with our daddy. The great God of the universe invites us to do just that, in fact, longs for us to do that. 


Today, let us praise our Abba Father and give Him all the glory due His precious name. Praise Abba. 


Love you dear friend,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020