Tuesday

Happy Tuesday. I hope you had a great holiday weekend and are ready for a good week.


On Sunday I heard a pastor pray for the victims of the hurricane and as he prayed, he said "This earth is broken. It doesn't work. But we know there is a new heaven and a new earth that will work perfectly." I've thought about that for the past few days and I not only believe that, but I think there is a powerful lesson there. 


““It will seem like all hell has broken loose—sun, moon, stars, earth, sea, in an uproar and everyone all over the world in a panic, the wind knocked out of them by the threat of doom, the powers-that-be quaking.”

‭‭Luke‬ ‭21:25-26‬ ‭MSG‬‬


Even if the earth wasn't just falling apart, there remains the fact that whether it be physical, intellectual, or emotional, the very best this world has to offer is simply not much. As Solomon concluded: "I said to myself, “I know more and I’m wiser than anyone before me in Jerusalem. I’ve stockpiled wisdom and knowledge. What I’ve finally concluded is that so-called wisdom and knowledge are mindless and witless—nothing but spitting into the wind.”

‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭1:16-17‬ ‭MSG‬‬


Spitting in the wind...and on our own that is exactly what all we do, we can never gain the satisfaction with life that Solomon was seeking. This world that is full of sin can't give peace or assurance or joy. Yet, In this life there is meaning, there is reason and there is purpose and there can be satisfaction, peace and joy. Like Paul tells us "In Him we live and move and have our being". We are His offspring, created by Him and created for Him with more care than we can ever imagine. We are obligated to obey and praise our Father. We live in Him, we move toward Him, and because He has given us our all, we should consecrate ourselves to doing the work He has for each us. It is in Him and through Him that we will have our new, perfect being. 


Today, settle for yourself that you are are living in Him and not for this broken world. 


Love you dear one,

Pam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020