Thursday- Always

Happy Thursday! I hope the week has gone well for you. Yesterday I was talking to my sister while I was driving to the cemetery, I called her "Sissy". It's my old name for her--I probably didn't call her Sharon until I was 16 and still today, when I'm needing my big sister, my go-to name for her is Sissy. 


I have always had a very special relationship with my sister. When I was little and scared, my big sister was brave. When I didn't know what to do, my big sister was there. When mom and dad were working, my sister was there. When I needed to tell someone what I'd done, I told my sister. When I thought I'd met "the one" I told my sister...she's always there. 


I guess that how I understand Yahweh-Shammah--The LORD is there. 

“Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit? to be out of your sight? If I climb to the sky, you’re there! If I go underground, you’re there! If I flew on morning’s wings to the far western horizon, You’d find me in a minute— you’re already there waiting! Then I said to myself, “Oh, he even sees me in the dark! At night I’m immersed in the light!” It’s a fact: darkness isn’t dark to you; night and day, darkness and light, they’re all the same to you.”

‭‭Psalm‬ ‭139:7-12‬ ‭MSG‬‬


Even though my sister isn't omnipresent, I got a glimpse through her what it was to have that ever presence as a child. But Yahweh IS omnipresent. everywhere. at one time. A little hard to wrap our minds around until we need Him, then we fully get it. He's right here with me every second, of every minute of every hour. How? I don't know and further more, I don't care. I'm just going to praise the name of Yahweh-Shammah for loving me and being there! 


There is not a whisper He does not hear; not a flinch He does not see; and not a motive that He does not know. Not death nor distance can keep us apart. If I'm lonely, He can cheer me; if I'm discouraged, He can encourage me; and if I'm worried, He can calm me. He sticks closer than a sister or a brother or a friend. He is always there. 


Today, praise the name of Yahweh-Shammah for His ever presence and being there for you. For sticking by you at all times and giving you the assurance for each day. 


Love you dear one,

Pam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020