Sunday

It's the Lord's Day and it is time to rejoice and give praise to the King of Kings. 



I found out last night that my uncle Buddy who is 83 (with two artificial knees) just left with the Kentucky Southern Baptist Disaster Relief team for Texas. Praise God for men and women who never give up (or give out). 


Uncle Buddy has no great strength or amazing talents to bring to the team (although he was a really awesome painter before he retired) but what he does offer is so much more. He brings a heart willing to work and an optimistic spirit that is infectious. He will do his best to work tirelessly to help every person he can as long as he possibly can. He doesn't say "I'm too old" or "There's nothing that I could do." Instead he says "God has blessed me with stamina, folks need help, and surely I can hand out water (or whatever else they might need)."  


I love how Caleb just lays it out for Joshua. ““Now then, just as the LORD promised, he has kept me alive...So here I am today, eighty-five years old! I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I’m just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then. Now give me this hill country that the LORD promised me that day.””

‭‭Joshua‬ ‭14:10-12‬ ‭NIV‬‬


Give me that mountain. It doesn't matter how old we are, how articulate we are, or even how talented we are. We all have a purpose and a calling and it's time to be about that calling. And we are to attend to our calling until we are released. If God has us here, He has a reason and it's not just to watch TV or do something else that kills time. 


Today, be about the business the Lord has for you. Maybe it's handing out water with Uncle Buddy or being the one in your neighborhood that people can always count on so you can share Jesus or giving encouragement to those who are desperately in need of a friend. God has a job just for you--maybe it's big and maybe it's not but all are important to the kingdom. 


Love you dear one,

Pam



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020