Sunday-Overcome

It's Sunday and the day that is set aside to worship the Lord your God in spirit and in truth.

 I went to the Razorback game yesterday and it was hot. So hot that I overheated--something I've never done before and I've sat in hot bleachers for several years. 


I think it happened for a few reasons: I'd taken headache medicine; empty stomach; and Diet Coke instead of water. So, I wasn't very smart. I went into a hostile environment and I wasn't prepared. 


So, does that ever happen to you spiritually? Are you ever sitting in the heat and realize you are so under prepared? I know I have been many times. 


“Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:13‬ ‭NLT‬‬


And remember every piece? 


The belt of truth, the armor of God’s righteousness, the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition, the shield of faith, salvation as your helmet, and the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God. 


Truth, peace, righteousness, faith, salvation and the Spirit all defended by the word of God. Wow--now that's being prepared for anything the enemy OR the environment sends your way. And what does he throw at you? 


Obviously, the way to fully load up and suit up is to engulf ourselves with the Word of God. Read it, meditate on it, memorize it, and live it. The Ancient Words, the holy Word of God light our way. 


And in this world, we have troubles--earthquakes, hurricanes, wildfires along with hunger, divorce, sickness, death to name a few biggies. There there is distraction, irritation, cheating, impatience, aggravation, temper...basically sin. If we don't fully wrap ourselves in the word before we ever start the day, we can't survive. But we have the overcome on speed dial. Use it everyday. 


Today, before you do anything else, suit up while you are submerged in the Word. You'll be ready for anything this day has in store. 


Love you,

Pam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020