Happy Saturday- El Elyon 

Happy Saturday to you. How was your week? I trust you had ample opportunity to worship our God and to learn from His Word and to share what you learned with someone the Lord put in your path. For the last two nights I have not slept well at all and I couldn't figure out why. I was so tired yesterday I could barely keep my eyes open. Then sometime last night it hit me--I've been taking allergy medicine at night thinking it would make me sleepy. Evidently it has the opposite reaction on me and I need to take it in the morning--not at night!  


Aren't you glad that our God never sleeps nor slumbers? He never tires. He is El Elyon, The God Most High. El Elyon means the strongest of the strong and the highest of the high. It means he will never tire or never need to sleep. It makes me think of the Tarahumara when they beat their drums for 24 hours a day for weeks in the spring so their god won't fall asleep. They would need to beat it to keep me awake for sure, but El Elyon...He will not sleep--He's never tired (like I am right now).  


El Elyon speaks of the supremacy of God. He is above all. Hinduism and Pantheism speak of God as a part of the universe. But God is not a part of the universe. He is the transcendent God. He is above all. He is the Most High God. Jesus is our El Elyon. 


“for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see— such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him. He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together.”

‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:16-17‬ NLT


Our God is above all things.l and I'm so thankful for that. Thankful that there is not a problem he cannot tackle, not an enemy he cannot defeat, not a burden he cannot bear. Our God can handle all things. Our God is Supreme. He is an awesome God. 


Today, praise the name of El Elyon. Praise Him for His awesome greatness and His mighty power and for all the times He stands for us when we don't have the strength to stand for ourselves. Praise El Elyon! 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020