Happy Monday-Attiyq Youm

Happy Monday! I hope you had a good weekend and are ready to begin a new week. Yesterday I had a great day re-uniting with some old friends. It's always fun to be with good friends that you've been away from for a long time--those that you can just pick up with where you left off whether it's been 3 days, 3 years, or 30 years! Your old friends who knew you in the past and still love you now. Even back then, they could look forward and to see just a little just a little glimpse of who you might become. 


Isn't it comforting that our Great God knew who we were going to be long before the world began? Even if we completely neglect Him like horrible children that we can sometimes be, He still knows who we are no matter how long it's been since we've talked to Him. That's because He's the Attiyq Youm,(ah-tek yu-um) the Ancient of Days. How many songs have been written about that? What do you think about when you hear this name for God, the "Ancient of Days"? 


“Remember the things I have done in the past. For I alone am God! I am God, and there is none like me. Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.” Isiah 46:9-10


‭‭Only God can tell in ancient times the things that are not yet done. Thomas Watson, who was the chairman of IBM, said in 1943, that there's a world market for maybe five computers. In 1977 Ken Olsen, the founder of Digital Equipment, said, "There's no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." Apple stock was almost free 20 years ago and today, it's out of sight. And I think about what my grandparents would think about this phone I'm holding in my hand and all of it's ridiculous capabilities with no cords--they would never have believed a prediction about a device like that. Only God who is the Ancient of Days knew it was coming before He created the world. 


It's hard for me to get my head around the fact He has always known everything. Every hero who ever rode into battle, every lover, every great thinker, every painter, every singer, every person who every lived and walked on this planet...He always knew them and...all that are yet to be. He is Attiyq Youm, the Ancient of Days. 


Today, let's all together praise the ancient of Days, Attiyq Youm for His greatness, the things He has done and the things He has yet to do. Praise Attiyq Youm. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020